Date nite...(sans photos)

I wanted to stop and get the camera, but we were running just on time to get to the place b/c you had to have your food ordered (and preferably eaten before the show). So I'll have to describe my food to you and you'll have to use your imagination on what it looked like ok? We live about an hour (give or take) north of KC, MO, and Monday evening the Husband and I ventured down to Jardine's (jardines4jazz.com) we went for a concert of Marilyn Maye. I had looked at the menu online to get an idea of what I wanted, but once we were there we both opted for the special. For $12 you get salad, entree, and dessert...and..it was a good deal. Jardine's is a jazz bar..and since we were far(-ish) away from home I didn't want a mixed drink that might make me too tipsy, so we both opted for wine. I had a glass of Riesling, and the husband had Merlot. I'm normally a big Riesling fan, but I think of just one winery..sadly. (if you are interested..it's crownvalleywinery.com I haven't had one of their wines yet I don't like!) We had an appetizer of 'fried green beans'. I'd seen them prepared on Down Home with the Neely's a couple weeks ago and they looked good...let me tell you..they tasted even better! Jardine's makes their own ranch dressing (fantastic, very thing-which I love) and the beans were just perfect. The salads were mixed greens with onion, cucumber, and tomato. Husband got the bleu cheese dressing (which was the homemade ranch with tiny tiny pieces of crumbled bleu cheese in it) and I had the house 'honey' vinagrette. It was amazing. I like vinagrettes, but sometimes find them too bitter, and with the honey in this one, it was just perfect. The main course was Chicken with Champange Cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans. It was the same green beans that we'd had earlier w/out the breading. French style...very crisp, and very good. You can't really mess up garlic mashed potatoes either. The chicken was a bonless skinless breast in a light breading..and the cream sauce really was divine. You could just barely catch the hint of Champagne. But honestly I think if there were anymore it would have overwhelmed the chicken. Dessert was a HUGE piece of chocolate layer cake (with chocolate frosting, and chocolate shavings), fresh whipped cream, accompanied by raspberry sauce. In theory Husband and I could have shared one piece of cake and both been happy (yes, it was THAT big)-but we both wolfed down ours just the same! So there it was...date nite food! If you are a fan of jazz, and in the area check Jardine's out! more posts to come soon (hopefully)...as soon as I can get the pictures off of my camera! upcoming posts/recipes: Cherry rolls Cinnamon rolls Carrot-cake-cheesecake-cupcakes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)