Thursday, August 13, 2009

Caribbean Lime Coolers

Where has the summer gone? Really? I heard on the news that some kids even went back to school today...I guess I just remember summers being ALOT longer.. One of the things I openly admit that I love about baking-it can transport you....so even as the summer draws to a close...if you want a little bite of sunshine and summer time when the leaves turn and it gets all snowy...bust out this recipe and you are bound to be bikini clad again....er um..ok..maybe not outside, and maybe not even literally...but this cookie is so summer to me! I can't give you too much of a familial/work review b/c Husband thinks they are too "frou-frou" and he also doesn't like sugar cookies (how is it possible for a human NOT to like sugar cookies?) and two of my generally most reliable testers are anti coconut texture so they opted out. My take on them..again...summery. BC's sugar cookie mix is a must in my pantry. Really do heed the instruction to wait until they've totally cooled to eat them. I have a bad habit of as soon as I pull something out of the oven (cookies, cupcakes, random casserole, etc)-I have to taste it. Let these guys wait...if you don't ...all you'll taste is sugar cookie. However if you do....you'll get the full effect of the lime zest, and the awesome sandy chewiness of the shredded coconut. 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1 tablespoon graded lime peel (about 1 lime) 3 tablespoons lime juice 6 tablespoons butter or margaine, melted 1 egg 1/4 cup powdered sugar 1. Preheat oven to 350 2. Mix together-cookie mix, coconut, lime peel/juice, butter and egg-you'll get a very soft dough 3. Drop by level tablespoons (about 2 inches apart) on an ungreased cookie sheet. 4. Bake 9-13 minutes until edges are just barely starting to get brown. Cool for about a minute, then remove to cooling rack-they are totally cooled and ready to eat in about 15 minutes. 5. With a small strainer sift powdered sugar over cooled cookies. Let me know what you think!

No comments: