Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Crab Enchiladas

What does "rich" mean to you? I mean rich as in "rich tasting food". The husband says it means "dense", and I say "heavy"..so we're on the same page. Either way these enchiladas were dang good..but really rich..oh..and it's what we had for dinner tonight. :) Crab Enchiladas (originally recipe from Cooks.com as Shrimp-Crab Delight Enchiladas-but I made significant changes) 4 T butter 1 small white onion-diced 1 cup salsa 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp cumin 1/4 tsp dried italian seasoning 1lb imitation crab meat 5 small flour tortillas 1 1/2 cup Taco Blend shredded cheese Melt the butter in a large pan and added diced onions-once those are softened up, turn heat to low and add seasonings, cream cheese, 1/4 cup salsa, sour cream and crab meat and mix together. I like my enchiladas super full, so I filled these babies well, super full-placed them seam side down in a greased 9x9 baking dish. Top with remaining salsa and shredded cheese. Baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Allow it to sit about 5 minutes (to set up) then dig in! Since this is a heavy dish, I think next time we have it, I'll serve it with a side salad to lighten it up!

4 comments:

heathersburnttoast.com said...

These look yummy! I'm always looking for new ways to serve up spicy food...gotta try these! Thanks for visiting & Happy New Year.

Ivy said...

Super YUUUM! I only eat enchiladas when at a mexican restaurant, they are my fav. And I love crab and lobster. I am going to have to try these. Can you send me some. :)

BillyBBee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

This recipe is pheonomenal! Even more so the second day. So maybe I'll make the stuffing and refridgerate it overnight so it has time to sit, but either way it's so great! Everyone loves it!