Chocolate Chip Bread Budding with Whiskey Sauce

Chocolate and whiskey? Why, yes! Long has the bread pudding eluded me. It's a sly and tricky devil. It's also one of my favorite desserts. But each time I tried to make it myself, I fell flat on my face. Too dry, too runny, too gummy, too just too much to even handle the failure anymore. But I'm growing another human. I'm a full time Mom and a full time pregnant person right now. I'm a full time wife. I work out of the home for half of the week...surely...I can make bread pudding. So on Sunday I collected my scraps. My lovely breads that were getting a little stale and I tore them up and left them on a cookie sheet in the oven for a couple days. Today when I came home...they were dry. I thought I'd missed my window..but I pushed forward...pulled out an ole' trusty cookbook and prayed for a miracle. I limited myself to ONE helping. The husband had two, and commented "this is one of the best desserts you've EVER made". Wow, really? *blushes* I have to say, it really was quite delicious. Recipes from my Better Homes and Gardens -New Cook Book (Limited Edition-the pink plaid one). Bread Pudding (Chocolate Chip version) 4 beaten eggs 2 1/4 cup chocolate milk 1/2 cup sugar 1 T vanilla 1/2 t cinnamon 4 cups dry bread cubes (I used 1/2 a loaf of King's Hawaiian and 3 medium croissants) 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips -in large bowl beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. In an ungreased 2 quart baking dish toss together your bread cubes and chocolate chips;pour egg mixture evenly over the bread mixture. Press lightly with the back of a spoon (for soakage). -Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center pulls clean. Cool slightly. Serve with this sauce- Whiskey Sauce 1/4 cup butter 1/2 cup sugar 1 beaten egg yolk 2 T water 1-2 T whiskey (I used Black Velvet b/c that happened to be what a friend of ours left over here) In small saucepan melt the butter. Stire in the sugar, egg yolk, and water. Cook and stire over medium for 5-6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture boils. Remove from heat; stir in whiskey. Serve over the warm bread pudding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)