Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Confession:
I'm not a chocolate chip cookie fan. I'd much rather have an Oatmeal Scotchie, or a Snickerdoodle. If I have to eat a chocolate chip cookie I go Chips Ahoy before I go homemade. So there...now you know.
When Husband saw this recipe and asked me to make it, I wasn't thrilled...but I'll try anything once. The result I got from this cookie is - pleasantly chocolate with a slight honey taste and almost cakey consistency.
Where (I'm being honest here)-I'm not a fan of them-Husband is really liking them, and didn't take them to work today so he'd have some to eat tonight when he got home.
I will say that baking with honey made me feel a little better...you know more hippie than just using my white or brown sugar...*shrugs*
Let me know how they turn out if YOU make them!
Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups AP flour
1 cup quick oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)
Preheat ovee to 350 degrees. In large bowl, cream together honey, shortening and butter until smooth. Beat in eggs, then add vanilla;beat.
In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt;mix well. Add dry to honey mixture;mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cookies tand one minute, then remove to wire racks to cool.
This recipe made 3 1/2 dozen for me.

Comments

I don't love cake-like cookies either, but honey and oats... YES!

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)