Chicken Taquitos

I'm a bit of a stalker. There...I admit it. And recently I found a new person's blog to oogle and drool over. Her's. So I'm looking through her posts the other day and I see the quesadillas..."yum" I think..and even more yum, I HAVE the stuff to make those..but wait...I have corn tortillas, not flour...a quesadilla on a corn tortilla? Eh....not sure about that..and I kept looking...and then she had a post about chicken taquitos....brilliant..and baked..so I wouldn't feel so bad about eating them. Even though I'll admit it, I'm a pregnant lady and I'm not watching it like I should anyway... so....let me present to you...Suzy's Stalker fusion food...I took Stephanie's quesadilla idea and her taquito idea and I interweaved um' (ha, I totally get a vision of Pauly Shore in Son-in-Law with that phrase...anybody with me? anybody, eh..ok).
Chicken Taquitos 3/4 -1 cup shredded chicken (I used what was left of a rotisserie chicken we had) 1 onion diced 2 jalapeños (seeded) diced ½ container button mushrooms (sliced) 1 cup baby spinach (cut into ribbons) 2-3 T oil ½ t cumin 1 t taco seasoning 1 t granulated garlic 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 8 corn tortillas Butter flavored cooking spray Toothpicks Preheat oven to 375 degrees Heat oil in sauté pan. Add diced onions, jalapeño, and mushrooms. Cook until soft. Add cumin, taco seasoning, and granulated garlic. Pull off the heat and add chicken, mix to combine. Let mix cool another 3-4 minutes, then add spinach-toss to wilt. Dampen 2 paper towels and put corn tortillas between them and microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute or until tortillas are warm and pliable. Spray both sides of tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Lay flat and add approximately 1 T of shredded cheese, and 2 T of chicken mixture. Roll and secure with toothpick. Place seam side down on your baking sheet (I covered mine with parchment paper for easy clean up). Bake 15 minutes, take out and flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa!
This is just how I made them..but seriously..the filling possibilities are ENDLESS. These will be showing up on our menu ALOT! I LOVED them..and so did the husband! The toddler daughter just wanted to eat sour cream....*shrugs*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)