Friday, February 26, 2010

Strawberry Ice Cream

So, um yeah..I made this on Valentine's Day, and I'm just now posting it. Why? Eh, laziness I guess. I'm blaming ALOT lately on the fact that I'm SO ready to see some springtime, so sick of snow, and so pregnant. It's a bad combo! But what helps? Ice cream! I was going to make chocolate covered strawberries for V-day, but the Hubs annouced he wasn't a fan...and really..neither am I...I can eat like one..then I'm done. So I opted for a cooler *rimshot* application! Suzy's Strawberry Ice Cream 2 cups whole milk 1 cup strawberries 1 cup sugar 2T lemon juice 4 oz (1/2 a block) cream cheese 4 oz sour cream Stem and cut up your berries and put them in a bowl with 3/4 cup of the sugar and let that sit for about an hour. This let's the sugar and the strawberries get all cozy and gooey. After that hour dump your berries into the food processor and get it all smooth. Before you remove the strawberries go ahead and put in the sour cream and cream cheese into the food pro and give it a whirl.... Add your food processor mix to the 2 cups of milk, add the remaining sugar and give it a stir..THEN add the lemon juice and stir again. Cover this mix with something (a lid, plastic wrap, aluminum, whatever you have handy) and pop it in the fridge for a few hours. Honestly..I think I left mine in there maybe 2. You just want all the ingredients to get to know one another and to get nice and chilly. Dump the chilled mix into your ice cream maker and in about 40 minutes...Heaven!! *alot of ice cream recipes you'll find call for at least half and half if not heavy cream. I just make mine with regular whole milk b/c 1)it usually doesn't last that long, 2) I like the texture better. It's up to you! I'm sure you could easily do 1 cup milk/1 cup cream if you wanted a creamier/fluffier texture.

2 comments:

傷口很殺 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angie said...

YUMMMO! Looks delicious!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on the loss of my Lucy. It means a lot!