Buffalo chicken pasta

One of the 'joys' (I use that word sarcastically...keep reading) of my being pregnant is the puff factor. In my first pregnancy my ring size went from 5 3/4s to 7. This time around I'm at about an 8 1/2. I can't wear my cute Mary Jane style shoes (Although I call them Alice shoes b/c they remind me of her shoes in the Disney movie) b/c my feet get puffy and I look like I'm wearing THICK socks, when in reality..it's my swollen feet. Have I put any of you off pregnancy yet? No? Well thank goodness it works for my 13 year old little friend who told me last night she already wants her tubes tied just from seeing me through two pregnancies...nice. Where was I going with this? Oh...puffy. So...I made the above pictured food for dinner the other night (and really should have photographed it on a WHITE plate, but I"d already dished it out and was starving, so you are lucky you GOT a picture)-anyway...this would make a NOT pregnant person swell too...so make it, b/c you'll love it. But maybe make it over the weekend so your coworkers won't think you might be pregnant (if you aren't) b/c you are puffy. But that's the beauty of buffalo. I love it so. I could eat it all day, I hope you know. Nice rhyming huh? Let's get to the recipe! 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 cup buffalo sauce (purchased or prepare yourself-my recipe will be on here, super easy) 1 T granulated garlic 1 T ranch powder 2 cups whole wheat penne (or pasta of your choice) 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese 2-3 T olive oil (notice there is NO added salt.....) Butterfly the chicken breasts and cut them into strips and season them with the garlic and ranch powder b/f you toss them in the pan with the olive oil to cook. Cook the chicken until it has a nice golden brown color to it. Then dump the buffalo sauce on it (you can use more than a cup if you like). Then toss it with the cooked pasta. Top with and gently stir in the bleu cheese. Inhale the aroma. Inhale the food. Swell accordingly. Buffalo sauce- 1 stick of butter 1 8oz jar of hot sauce (I think this last time I used Louisana Habenero?) 3 T honey cook in a sauce pan until it looks and tastes like you want it to. :) By the by...if you ARE pregnant and eat this you might (and I did) wake up looking like Jennifer Coolidge and your OB will ask you to come in and get your BP checked and then admonish you to go on an all water and fruits diet for the next few days. But...it's DANG tasty and I only looked like her for a couple hours..I WISH I could have kept the lips. Also..I'm deeming this a total GUY meal. If your guy likes buffalo wings...I'm not sure there is a way he WON"T like this. Shutting up now..gonna go drink some water. :)

Comments

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.
Angie said…
Suzy,

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I appreciate you reading.

And, yes- even that 5 minutes to do something for yourself is so valuable.

I love love this recipe. I am a huge buffalo sauce/blue cheese fan but I never thought of trying it in pasta...such a great idea!
Have a great Wednesday!
Velva said…
Your dish looks like perfect preganacy comfort food-delicious.
Heather said…
...and I thought mac-n-cheese couldn't get any better!
Wow...sounds amazing, I must try this!

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'll keep checking in to see how your pregnancy is going...
That looks AMAZING! I love buffalo chicken even though my family doesn't exactly feel the same way. Of course, I'm the one who cooks....

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)