Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tequila Lime Pork Tenderloin and a goal

Occassionally, or should I say RARELY I come up with my own recipes..I know..CRAZY, right???
Well...*straightens collar*..this one is all mine! :)
1 2lb pork tenderloin
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup olive oil
the zest and juice of one lime
1 jalepeno (with the seeds and ribs) chopped
1 onion chopped
7 garlic cloves crushed
2T season-all
2T brown sugar
Everybody into the pan, toss the meat a few times to coat, and let it marinate for about 5-6 hours. Then grill over medium heat until internal temp hits 150, pull off grill, cover and let rest (carry over cook) for about 15 minutes.
Husband LOVED this..he said he could really taste the tequila and lime, which was kinda the point! :) It stayed super juicy too! I'd heard (and was afraid) that it was prone to drying out, but it didn't!
Do you have any favorite marinades?
I'll admit that my 'eat healthier' post-pregnancy resolution isn't going well. We've had family ish, stress of going back to work, and just misc stuff ='s excuses, excuses, excuses. Number ONE reason I'm still overweight..I'm lazy..I know that. I just don't see WHY I can't just wake up and be the weight I WANT to be..instead of the weight I want to be plus 80lbs. So I think I'm gonna try this...I have 85 days until my 28th birthday (HOW did that happen?) ...I'm gonna challenge myself to lose 20lbs by then. That's about 12 weeks, and about 2lbs a week...doable right? Let's hope so! I really hope you guys will keep with me and help cheer me on!

2 comments:

grace said...

some people like their booze straight, others like them in cake form. me, i like mine in MEAT--this loin looks great!
good luck on your challenge--stay positive!

Kara @ MyWellnest said...

Yum yum yum. My favorite marinade is this key west one that a local meat market puts on their chicken. It's incredible!
I'm sure you can make your goal! Go for it!