A weighty matter...

I know it's not impressive to any of you....but it was a HUGE deal for me. UNDER 200. I know, right? You might have been thinking I was mortified to see that my weight had gotten to 199...no..I'm relieved..happy..thrilled..that it is DOWN. Do I still have about 60lbs to lose before I'm where I want to be? Yes. Did I make my birthday goal of losing 20lbs? No Did I lose about 11 by that time? Yes Do even my feet look fat? Yes..blech. Weight is a weird thing. There are lots of things for me to consider...so stick with me a sec- 1. BOTH of my parents are overweight-they have NEVER been critical of my weight..ever. My Mom is the first to offer to take me shopping when I need a bigger size. And my Dad will be the first to tell me when I've gained weight, but he would never tell me to lose it. 2. I purposefully didn't try to lose weight between pregnancies and I used being pregnant as a food excuse. BAD. 3. I constantly use the kids as an excuse to NOT exercise-but really..it's a pretty good excuse. I don't sleep b/c the kids sleep with us therefore I am tired ALL the time. I'd like to think the time I spend monitoring ='s chasing the kids daily counts for something. Even trying to write this post I've had to take multiple breaks to get Little Miss out from under the desk (between my legs) and let Little Man chew on my finger b/c he is teething. If I can't even write a blog how the F am I supposed to get on a treadmill? 4. I really dislike going out in public. Mainly b/c I'm afraid I'll run into someone that knew the 'old' (='s thin) me and judge me. I'm esp afraid of running into them at an eating establishment. So there's that. I found a blog this morning and a book review. Not only is the blog writer brilliant, but she really makes me want to read the book she reviewed. She's got an awesome weight loss/eating/happy story and I'm just enamored with her site now! And..she's giving away a copy of the book...from her description..I want it! Another blog favorite of mine goes over SO many good principles, but I don't have an answer to her question "What does it mean to you to eat intuitively?" I need to find that answer, and maybe the next 60 will be easier to get off.

Comments

Ivy said…
That's great and I am happy for you!
Congrats girl! Sorry about my posts- guess they aren't helping much huh? LOL! Your doing great though and thanks so much for continuing to stop by and help me out with this contest! I really appreciate it! Love ya
jessica
Heather said…
you are so brave to post your weight and to open yourself up to everyone Suzanne! I just admire that so much! I do believe that losing slowly will help you keep it off a lot better then crash dieting or starving and getting it off super fast! I think you are doing great and I am always here for support!

Check out the new site. I have moved from blogger

www.sweetsins2share.com
I'm so happy for you!!! You are so brave and such a tremendous inspiration!
Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Your feet are lovely and your toe nail polish looks great!
Not impressive? Are you f'ing kidding me? I remember EXACTLY where I was when I stepped on a scale and say 199. I was in ONEDERLAND. It was seriously one of the most exciting times in my life. CELEBRATE girlfriend! :)

Thanks for the sweet shout out. I wish you a world of luck in your journey. Keep your chin up. You are you, and no one in the world can be that. Accepting that is one of the best steps toward happy (which has nothing to do with a number).

xo
Not impressive? Are you f'ing kidding me? I remember EXACTLY where I was when I stepped on a scale and say 199. I was in ONEDERLAND. It was seriously one of the most exciting times in my life. CELEBRATE girlfriend! :)

Thanks for the sweet shout out. I wish you a world of luck in your journey. Keep your chin up. You are you, and no one in the world can be that. Accepting that is one of the best steps toward happy (which has nothing to do with a number).

xo
Not impressive? Are you f'ing kidding me? I remember EXACTLY where I was when I stepped on a scale and say 199. I was in ONEDERLAND. It was seriously one of the most exciting times in my life. CELEBRATE girlfriend! :)

Thanks for the sweet shout out. I wish you a world of luck in your journey. Keep your chin up. You are you, and no one in the world can be that. Accepting that is one of the best steps toward happy (which has nothing to do with a number).

xo
Not impressive? Are you f'ing kidding me? I remember EXACTLY where I was when I stepped on a scale and say 199. I was in ONEDERLAND. It was seriously one of the most exciting times in my life. CELEBRATE girlfriend! :)

Thanks for the sweet shout out. I wish you a world of luck in your journey. Keep your chin up. You are you, and no one in the world can be that. Accepting that is one of the best steps toward happy (which has nothing to do with a number).

xo
sweetybird09 said…
Good job, I keep hovering at the 204 mark was in the hospital last month and I was 196 but that was short lived as soon as I started eating again :(

I will follow your lead more closely!

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)