Monday, December 6, 2010

Buttermilk Pumpkin Trifle

I know Thanksgiving was a couple weeks ago..but I thought I'd share my meager contribution. But really it was hardly meager b/c it was very tasty. :) Crumbled gingersnaps for crunch and spice Pumpkin layer- can of pumpkin 8oz block of cream cheese 1tsp of pumpkin pie spice 2T sugar beat into yummy submission The Buttermilk layer was a Buttermilk pie that didn't set up that I ran through the food processor. Fresh whipped cream between the layers. topped with more gingersnap crunchy bits! Lots of layers of Yum!! I think the 'pie' layer would be good with ANY pie...imagine an apple pie crumbled up in there, or a blueberry, or oooh...a pecan! Yum!

1 comment:

grace said...

this has a lot going for it--easy, attractive, tasty. i think your suggestions for other pies are incredible--i can just imagine a gooey, sweet layer of pecan-pie-like filling surrounded by creamy fluff. yum.