Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rosemary Mandarin chicken salad

So last night-dinner sucked. No really..it was a fail most of the way around. Except for the chicken-which was just boneless, skinless, chicken breasts that I baked with some rosemary chicken seasoning (from a packet). Easy peasy. Today with the leftover chicken I made something WONDERFUL... chicken salad. Approx 1 cup chopped chicken (in this case my leftover rosemary chicken) 1 of Little Miss' mandarin orange fruit cups (it was in light syrup that I drained, then rinsed the segments-twice) 1 Tablespoon of Miracle whip 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans 1/4 cup of that on some homemade bread with a little romaine...YUM! And..it was only about 150 calories. The homemade bread I made can be found here -and just for the record..I use her recipe for my homemade hamburger buns too! Not really sure what the weekend holds yet! Husband is on his way home from work and I know we've got some bills to pay and some housework to do...then maybe to the grocery..we'll see! I'd be happy with a nap..but I'm not sure if that will happen or not!

No comments: