Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A friend in deed

 So one of my favorite blogs posted a recipe...Treat a Friend she said and boy oh boy did she! That's the thing about 'other' blogs. You get to know these people, not physically/in person...but mentally. Like when people used to write letters, and have mail order brides, and penpals and stuff. I don't know Mindy personally...but I can tell you...she's awesome. I could go on and on and on...and one day I will...but first..I'm gonna tell you the recipe for these bars so you can go make them. I'll probably be having one with my breakfast...one...or 10. It makes a yuge batch *nods to Trump*
Monster Bars
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Reese's pieces
Dump and blend in order, and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes in at least a 16x20 pan.
No really, that's it...they are THAT easy. Don't overbake them...they are chewy and soft and just full of peanut-buttery wonderment. They don't stale out easy either...I just found one on the computer desk from last night (thanks Miss Priss) and it's still totally soft. And now there is only half of it left...and in moments, it will be no more. AND they have oats in them, so they are healthy right? Right?!

In other news....



My little Bumpis is sickly. Low grade temp and just wants to cling and sleep on me. Poor little feller. Off to the Dr's today to see what's up. We're all suspecting an ear infection.
 
One more thing...I made a Facebook page for my blog...just search Suzy's Cup-Tin Creations...I hope you find it and 'like' it!!
 
Now go make Monster Bars!!

2 comments:

grace said...

aw, look at that frowny face! poor kiddo.
meanwhile, monster bars and cookies = yum. tasty work indeed.

Medifast Success Stories said...

Now that is a monster bar, great looking recipe, thanks so much. Sorry to hear the little guy isn't feeling well.