Butteriness brownies

One layer lovely, chocolate, butteriness
One layer dreamy, creamy, peanut-butteriness
and all in 6 little ingredients!
1-chocolate cake mix (I used Butter Fudge Recipe for that extra butter kick)
2-eggs
1-block of cream cheese (softened)
1-stick of butter (melted)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Oven at 350
Combine cake mix, 1 egg (beaten), and the entire stick of melted-this will get nice and pastey-and pat it into a greased 9x13*
In another bowl combine softened cream cheese, the other egg, the peanut butter, and the powdered sugar and beat relentlessly until combined. Then smooth that mix over the cake mix.
Bake 20-25 or until top layer doesn't jiggle.
Let cool (yes, sorry, you really do have to b/c that cream cheese layer is like lava right now). Cut and enjoy! I know the birthday boy did! And even though I'm restricting I did have a very small sliver...and I approve. The Butter fudge mix + the actual butter + oven heat gave the chocolate layer an awesome browned butter/almost carmel flavor, and of course the top layer of just creamy peanut butter silk. It was a REAL test to stay away from them!

*if you wet your fingers a bit they won't stick to the cake layer as you are patting it in the pan!

Tomorrow, I've got a recipe that will change your life. Not kidding.

Comments

Those look like heaven. I can just taste the butteriness and the moist and chewy goodness! YUM!
These look ridiculous. And that means I want to eat them. NOW. ;-)
grace said…
i hate when i'm forced to let a pan of treats cool before i can dig in. i've burnt many a taste bud that way... :)
Moogie said…
Oh my.... how wonderfully decadent. I'll take 2 slices, please.

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)