Kitchen Sink Chicken Salad

 Let's talk about chicken salad for a minute. Growing up I had chicken salad one way, and one way only. Canned chicken + miracle whip (alot of it)-the end. And I had/have no problem with that. When I was a teenager and worked with a lady to moonlighted (moonlit?) at a sandwich shop and was told of crazy things like grapes and apples being in chicken salad...I thought she was insane. Then I tried it. Wow. Not that I don't love my Ma's chicken salad...but the different textures really worked so well!
I had baked some chicken for dinner, and we hadn't eaten all of it-so I decided to give it a go..and I put EVERYTHING I could think of in it. Well..not EVERYTHING...but close to....
Baked chicken breasts (that I baked with salt,pepper, and granulated garlic)
Lemon pepper
Walnuts (chopped)
Dried berry blend (SO good..has dried sweet cherries, tart cherries, blueberries, cranberries and strawberries)
A Braeburn apple
Some celery
A couple jalapenos (seeded and diced finely)
A couple garden fresh radishes (shredded on my cheese grater)
And Mayo...just enough for it all to stick together.
This morning I ate it for breakfast on club crackers w/some swiss cheese...yesterday we all ate it on toast sandwiches...and by "we all" I mean-myself, Husband, our two kids, my in-laws (that's 3 more), the guy helping us install cabinets, and my Aunt Jane. There was ALOT of salad. But it was so good. No really. It was amazing.
My Mother-in-law is really easy to please-she likes it as long as she doesn't have to cook it.
My Father-in-law though...to get a food compliment out of him, well that means you must have really done a good job...and even HE liked it! Yay!

While I was trying to get a good shot of the food (playing with lighting, what do you think?) Bubba was behind the baby gate cheering me on!

Comments

I love this!I love having a bit of everything! And look at that little baby he is so cute!!! I love the new layout it is so bight and cheery!

Popular posts from this blog

Bulogi Korean Beef-take out/fake out at home!

Tipsy Bears!

Chicken with Amogio (Spedini-ish)